Veteran’s Memorial Hall (Carnegie Library)
Caldwell, Canyon County
- Grant: 2014, 2015
Location: 1101 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605
The Caldwell library was founded as a private collection in 1887, four years after the creation of the city, by the local chapter of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union. Twenty-six years followed before an agreement with the Carnegie Foundation, prompted the city to approve the public funding required to build a library. The Caldwell Carnegie Library was constructed in 1914 and served the community as a community center and library until 1976. The Caldwell Carnegie Library is architecturally significant as an example of 1910’s Renaissance Revival library style architecture typically associated with Carnegie buildings. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The building is currently owned by the City of Caldwell and leased to the Veterans Council to be repurposed as a Veteran’s Memorial Hall and Community Center.