Priest River Museum & Timber Education Center
Priest River, Bonner County
- Grant: 2000, 2010, 2014
Location: 301 Montgomery Street, Priest River, Idaho 83856
The yellow and white house built by Henry Keyser in 1895, the first white pioneer in the area, has been moved inside the Priest River city limits and houses the Chamber offices and a Timber Education Center and Museum. The town’s first sawmill was built in 1897 as the demand for lumber increased. Logs were driven drown the Priest River to the sawmills from 1901 to 1949. Logging contests were held for many years.