The Patricia Romanko Public Library opened its doors in 1927 in a small room above one of the original drug stores on Parma’s Main Street. After a number of years of growth and recognition, the library found a permanent home in the stately First National Bank of Parma building in 1975. The bank opened in 1919 and printed three different iterations of $5 bills until 1935. The first printings at this location featured Benjamin Harrison on the bill, with subsequent printings switching to Abraham Lincoln’s portrait. In addition to the more than 28,000 books, DVDS, and audiobooks, the library features a STEM lab with 3D printers, robotics equipment, and photography gear. The library also hosts many community events and programs, including story time for toddlers and preschoolers, a summer reading program, and STEM demonstrations for teens, tweens, and families.
2020 – Repair and cleaning of West wall.
- Our Work
- Our Story