Our Lady of Tears
Silver City, Owyhee County
- Grant: 1995
Location: Silver City, Idaho 83650
Silver City is approximately 50 miles southwest of Nampa.
Our Lady of Tears Catholic Church stands on a prominent bluff overlooking the historic mining town of Silver City. It is one of 70 surviving buildings of old Silver City. The frame Gothic revival church was erected as St. James Episcopal Church. In 1933 the Catholics paid $1 for the building and renamed it Our Lady of Tears. In the summer services are still held at the church, now a mission church of St. Hubert’s Church in Homedale.