Built in 1910 to serve as Sandpoint’s City Hall, 110 Main Street is now home to the Music Conservatory of Sandpoint (MCS), who purchased the building in 2019 to create a center for arts and culture and rehabilitate the building in accordance with historic standards. The building was constructed in two segments, the western section in 1907-8 followed by the eastern portion in 1909 by local architects SW Foster and HL Mountjoy in the Second Renaissance Revival style. Over the years the building has been home to City Hall, Sandpoint Library, and Fire Station. Now, the MCS uses the building as a school for the arts and rents out space to other arts-inclined organizations, such as the Pend Oreille Arts Council (POAC). Together with the POAC, MCS envisions repurposing portions of the building into an art gallery and modest recital hall in addition to the more than 18 teaching studios already in operation.
2020 – Repair and fabricate fire doors to create an open-air multipurpose space.
- Our Work
- Our Story