Lincoln Street Historic Lighting

Lincoln Street Historic Lighting
Twin Falls, Twin Falls County

  • Grant: 2013

Location: 100 and 200 blocks of Lincoln Street, Twin Falls, ID 83301

The Lincoln Street cast iron electric street lights were placed in a zigzag pattern between the 100 and 200 blocks of Lincoln Street. This street is part of the Blue Lakes Addition, which was the first subdivision of Twin Falls built in the 1920’s. The lights are historically significant as representations of the City Beautification movement. They reflect a period of time when cities and developers were trying to enhance the quality of life for the residents they sought to attract through civic amenities. Ornamental street lighting was considered an expression of art, progress, and morality. The Lincoln Street historic light fixtures are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Scroll to Top