Landmark Historic Ranger Station
Landmark, Valley County
- Grants: 2006, 2007
Location: Landmark Ranger Station, Idaho
Landmark Ranger Station was established in 1924 and for years functioned as the forest supervisor’s summer office for the “old” Payette National Forest (combined with the Boise National Forest in 1944). The site consists of a ranger’s house, four cabins, a barn, saddle shed and blacksmith shop, three garages, an office, warehouse and numerous other outbuildings that were constructed between 1924 and 1942. The ranger station has been closed for over a decade. The Forest Service’s mission is to restore the Landmark Ranger Station to its original purpose as a working Forest Service administrative site, and to adapt the ranger’s office for use as a visitor’s center. The ranger’s home will be dedicated for group uses, educational and interpretive programs and listing on the National Recreation Service cabin rental program.