Caldwell Historic Fountain
Caldwell, Canyon County
- Grant: 1993
Location: Pioneer Plaza, Kimball & Blaine Streets, Caldwell, Idaho 83605
The 6-foot by 8-foot fountain was donated by the national Humane Alliance and the Civic League of the Forward Club and was placed in front of the old City Hall. It is constructed of Maine granite, weighs five tons and is designed to provide drinking water for humans (top), horses (the bowl) and small animals (on the base). It remained in front of the City Hall as an historic monument until 1933 when it was moved to Memorial park. In 1989 it was put in storage until 1995 when the restored fountain was placed in Pioneer Park.