Boise, Ada County
- Grant: 2011, 2018
Location: 217 West State Street, Boise ID 83716
Ardinger House is the name given to a former residence built in 1899 by J.E. Tourtellote, the architect who designed Idaho’s Capitol building. The Ardinger House is part of the State Street Historic District and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. It is located next door to the Idaho Governor John T. Morrison’s home and across the street from the Governor Moses Alexander home. It was a private residence until the 1970’s when it became the law office of Guy Hurlbutt, who later donated it to the Idaho Humanities Council in 1986. It was named Ardinger House because it was home to the Idaho Centennial Commission from 1987 – 1991 and was initially restored with the support of the ICC during those years. Since 1991, it has served as the office for the Idaho Humanities Council.