Ahavath Beth Israel Synagogue
Boise, Ada County
- Grants: 2010
Location: 11 N Latah St., Boise, Idaho 83706
In 1895 a Congregation Beth Israel (Hebrew for House of Israel) was formed in Boise and a year later the synagogue building was constructed. Moses Alexander, mayor of Boise and governor of Idaho was an early leader of the congregation. The Ahavath Beth Israel synagogue is among the oldest synagogue buildings in continuous use in the United States. It was originally constructed on State Street and was relocated to it’s current location on Latah in 2003, when it underwent a major restoration.