1930’s Old City Building & Shop, SE Idaho Council of Governments
Pocatello, Bannock County
- Grants: 2019 – Cleaned façade, replaced flag standard, repaired an additional 13 flag standards.
Location: 214 East Center Street, Pocatello
The Southeast Idaho Council of Governments (SECOG) building opened its doors in 1907 as a single-story brick structure housing several shops and offices, including most famously Nate Block’s fine clothing store. In 1938, the City of Pocatello acquired the building and had it remodeled by noted architect Frank H. Paradice Jr. into the three-story building we see today. Currently, the gorgeously detailed Art Deco building is owned and operated by SICOG, a nonprofit that serves seven counties and 33 cities in Southeast Idaho. Offices include the Area Five Agency on Aging, a Community and Economic Development Division, a Transportation and Mobility Services Division, and a Revolving Loan Fund/Micro Lending Program.