1912 Center (Former Moscow High School and Moscow Community Center)
Moscow, Latah County
- Grants: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2012
Location: 400 East 3rd Street, Moscow, Idaho 83843
The former Moscow High School building is located on an acre lot within an historic residential neighborhood in Moscow. The Three-story, 30,000-square-foot brick and terra cotta structure is a classical example of the “progressive Schooling Era,” and is in the National Register of Historic Places. Designed by architect Clarence H. Hubbel, the 1912 High School emulated the rapid growth and educational development of the City of Moscow. The new High School was instrumental in broadening the curriculum, expanding science programs and establishing studies in domestic science, manual training and agriculture.