The Twin Falls First United Methodist Church began its life in 1906 as a simple 24-by-30 foot wooden building. The congregation quickly grew, necessitating an expansion into the lot next door. Completed in 1916, the stately Tudor Gothic-style sandstone building has been a highlight of Twin Falls’ historic downtown ever since. The interior is one of only a few remaining examples of the Akron style sanctuary, where seating wraps around the altar in a semicircular pattern. Large stained-glass windows were designed specifically for the space and remain a great example of a particular style that combines both traditional stained-glass methods with surface paint. In addition to worship services, the church is open to the public during normal business hours and hosts many community events and outreach programs.
2020 – Replacing coverings and framework protecting stained-glass windows.
- Our Work
- Our Story