The Bishops’ House
Boise, Ada County
- Grants: 2002, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2019, 2022 (carpet removal and hardwood floor repair)
Location: 2420 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise, Idaho 83712
The Bishops’ House was built in 1893 on the corner of 2nd and Idaho. It housed a succession of bishops who served as head of the Idaho Episcopal diocese, each known as The Bishop of Idaho. It had been scheduled for demolition but local preservation groups protested. St. Luke’s Hospital owned the building at the time and donated the house to The Friends of the Bishops House. It was moved to its present location in 1976 and can be rented for family and community events.
For more information please visit their website at https://www.thebishopshouse.com/.